Wrap up in style..

A popular outerwear trend that has been spotted on the catwalks for Autumn/Winter 13-14 is the 'oversized' look. I love this trend as it has an androgynistic appearance that can create very chic outfits. When you pair such a statement oversized outer piece with a close cut and fitted outfit I feel it can create a lovely silhouette.
Next Purple Dawn Coat

This Next oversized purple coat is a favorite of mine in the book and online at the moment. I may have to add it to my winter wardrobe as the colour is gorgeous and I love the loose boxy cut with the simple pocket details. I would wear this with a buttoned up cream shirt and skinny jeans, but it could also look nice dressed up with black coated trousers and a soft sheer cami top.





Topshops upcoming Autumn/Winter 13-14 collection also shows the popular oversized look within there outerwear range. I love how you can pair these coats with a smart shirt or just a slouchy jumper and it still gives the same effectiveness. This styling I particularly like as it is tailored with a sporty edge which creates a very unique look.


My styling with 'oversized' aspects

I came across this orange oversized jacket from River Island and thought It was a nice piece. The fabric is jersey so it hangs loosely but as it is an oversized cut it creates a nice structure. Teamed with some printed Warehouse skinny trousers it makes a loud and fun contrast, together with a pastel crop from Topshop. I added a Topshop chunky necklace to add to the oversized theme but kept it casual with some flatform pumps to add a quirky sport-chic touch. 



Carin Wester A/W 13/14


I must admit that I don't know much about Carin Wester designs but I will be looking further into their work after looking at her A/W 13-14 collection. The oversized look has been taken to a different place here with the use of tailoring and putting other oversized pieces together within the outfits. As said previously I would only team oversized pieces with slimline cuts but here she has shown that you can in fact do oversize with oversize! It looks so smart and I love the sharp details within the tailoring. The volume of the flared trouser with the open coat suit perfectly and create a leveled silhouette that really works.


MaxMara
Assemley

After reviewing Autumn/Winter 13/14 I can see that these oversized pieces can in fact be worn in more ways than I thought. Whether your going for a slouchy yet structured casual look or a smart sharp and chic appearance there is a coat out there for you. I definitely shall be purchasing one this upcoming season, now I just to make more room in my already bursting wardrobe of coats :)

Comments

Popular Posts