Check Mate.

I have always loved checked and tartan prints, from my younger years when I thought I could be Avril Lavigne till now..but not so much to dress like Avril Lavigne. I think that's why I will always love the print as it brings a bit of fashion nostalgia back for me and the way that it can be reinvented into new trends and styles.

These prints have been very popular on the catwalk for this A/W 2013. Designers such as Calvin Klein and Marc by Marc Jacobs have translated this print into their individual designs to create beautiful pieces.


Calvin Klein 


I love the deep V in this fitted dress by Calvin Klein as it gives a sophisticated look with an edge. The slicked back hair brings the whole look together and creates an overall sleek appearance.



Clements Ribeiro


I always think a  touch of Tartan within an outfit can bring an edge to any look if you wear it with other details that all go together. This Clements Ribeiro skirt teamed with a detailed collared shirt and black sweater is a great way to wear tartan without taking on the classic country look and more of a 'Punk' edge.



Emilia Wickstead


By putting a checked print on a light weight fabric, you can create a more feminine look. This  print can be a bold statement, so by playing with different silhouettes and fabrics as seen here by Emilia Wickstead this can defiantly be achieved. The colours within this print are also very soft, which goes well with the all together look.


Marc by Marc Jacobs


I want this coat so much! This Marc by Marc Jacobs tartan coat is a great example of the current oversized outerwear silhouettes that are going to be very popular this A/W 2013. The purple and navy colours are gorgeous together with burgundy patent shoes to give a classic A/W vibe.The overall silhouette creates a sophisticated vintage 40's appearance which I love.



£598 All Saints fur trim leather jacket, £45 Next check shift dress, £60 Office cut out leather boots, £12 Accessorize textured stacking rings


Here is my personal styling take on the check trend that I would love to buy! These cut-out boots are becoming very popular at the moment and when worn with some patterned socks or tights, it can add a great detail to any outfit! This navy check dress teamed with a beautiful fur trim leather jacket creates a more edgy look together with some great silver stacked rings. These accessories creates an individual look that could be taken from day to night!
I tried this navy check dress on at work yesterday and it looked lovely but I need it bought in tall..however it wasn't available to order (gutted). But I will keep trying!

Comments

Popular Posts