Matchy matchy


I absolutely love the recent co-ordinate pieces being sold on the high street, as they are a great modern twist on the traditional twin set's and suits from earlier years. Last A/W I noticed that co-ordinates were becoming popular on the high street. I loved some of the outfits that I spotted but I felt I didn't have the occasion to wear them, as I would feel too smart or over dressed for just day to day wearing. However I have noticed a come back this year and there seems to be a wider variety and more casual takes on co-ord's which I really want to get my hands on. 






Co-ordinates were usually worn in formal occasions to appear smart and put together, but today we are seeing more modern pieces being put into these looks to give it an over all more on trend look.



River Island: Crop Top £25, Trousers £35



This River Island pair is a favorite of mine, as the crop top is a popular cut-top at the moment giving it that 90's twist. Together with the trousers in such a bold and tribal print, this outfit stands out as a bold statement. The colours within the print are very vibrant but with earthy background tones which means you could also pair up the separate pieces with similar colours to create more co-ord looks.A pair of metallic shoes goes nicely with this outfit, which can easily be taken from a bar to nightclub look. I added some triangular studs which I feel reflect the geometric shapes within the outfits print.



Next: Navy check trousers £38, Navy check top  £32

Ankle cuff shoes £28, Formal frame bag £28




Working in Next I get first a first look into what we shall be selling in store. When I saw these tailored Tartan pieces being put out I was very excited. The colours within the print are a mixture of subtle blues and grays which look great together and not too garish. I immediately tried them on and am now tempted to get them for my uniform! This just shows that co-ord's can be smart and fun. I have added a pop of red to wear with this tartan look as I feel it adds a great pop of colour and goes nicely with the blues.


Topshop: Boots £68, Vintage Satchel £28, Round
Sunglasses £16

Topshop: Top: £22, Skirt £36



This crop and skirt combo is a great way of creating a great girly yet bohemian summer look. Floral prints have been very popular this S/S and have been spotted in many high street stores. Like the River Island outfit seen previously in this blog, this crop and skirt can be worn separately also in other co-ord looks. This outfit reminded me of festival spirit with a hippy vibe, so I found some soft leather boots and vintage style satchel to style with it and who could forget some blue round sunglasses. Very Janis Joplin.

So there is a quick round of of some current co-ord outfits that you can go and get your hands on! I sure will :)

Comments

Popular Posts