Start, your, engines..

I will admit it. I have a coat obsession. Oversized, Leather, Denim, Swing, you name it, I want it and I most likely have it. After looking through many stores and magazines it has come to my attention that the classic biker coat is back for these upcoming seasons. With its edgy appearance and many ways to style up an outfit, it is a must have for this A/W.

Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung shows us how biker jackets aren't just for casual dressing. Teamed with an A line skirt, buttoned shirt and heels, she has draped her jacket over her shoulders to be worn with a more laid back approach. I love the contrasts of these items and when all put together they look great.


Fearne Cotton 
Miss Cotton, a favorite style icon of mine, is caught here wearing her biker with a mixture of pastels and studs. The combinations of prints and details really pull this outfit together. With the lighter tones of her tanned shoes and mint skirt, it creates a softer look. This outfit is edgy yet chic, which is what I love about her dress sense.

 I have looked at many biker jackets and coats, so here is a quick view of some of my favorites :



£2,645, Alexander McQueen 

£1,480, 3.1 Phillip Lim


£85, TOPSHOP

£75, Next
The great thing about this style of coat is that you can wear it for any occasion, as seen with Alexa Chung. A biker jacket can bring an edge to any outfit and is great if you want to loosen up your look. From these influences I have styled some outfits together which I feel show just how easy it can be to put an outfit together using this staple piece. 




I love the rustic tones within this outfit as they scream Autumn/Winter. I have created more of a 90's grunge look with these pieces by teaming a tea dress with chunky boots. The biker jacket has a beautiful fur collar, so this softer material against the leather and floral prints bring a bit of a feminine approach to level it out. 






Here I have gone for more of an evening look, with the use of monochrome, prints, and a shock of blue to really make the outfit pop. It also goes to show that by teaming leather with feminine and fun details, it can be worn in completely different ways. This blue Alexander McQueen biker jacket is amazing as it is so striking! It would defiantly break my bank but I just adore it! The biker jacket is such a classic, I don't see it leaving anytime soon, so get a hold of one I say, as it will always be a handy to have in your wardrobe.



Comments

Popular Posts