"Tom Ford tuxedos for no reason"


Since JT's comeback, I cant help but swoon at not only his music but also his new tailored look. He has brought modern tailoring back with a twist. With a collaboration from Tom Ford and personal style for his recent album release he is extremely dapper.





In his lyric video for Suit & Tie we get to watch Mr. Timberlake show us exactly how suit wearing is done with the help from Tom Ford of course.



The sleek hair

We all remember the classic curly highlights from his N*sync days, so when I discovered that his hair had been restyled into this sleek and relaxed hairstyle I was very impressed. I do love a quiff, as many of my female friends know and this particular side parted hair style is absolute sculptured perfection.
When put together with his new fashion styling, it is perfect. It reminds me of old big bands and Hollywood which is a particular  era of men's fashion which I truly admire. Think Marlon Brando and Frank Sinatra. I love it.


Christian Louboutin 

The shoes..

I think I could write a blog on the shoes alone. Just look at them. Amazing. I love Christian Louboutin and when I saw these new Henri Flat's in the recent 'Mirrors' video, I gasped "Oh my god look at those shoes!". As if the style and shine on them wasn't enough, they even have gorgeous metal toe caps. Teamed with another Tom Ford Topcoat and turtleneck, it looks so classic and modern. I wouldn't usually support the the thought of a turtleneck on a man, but he has defiantly changed my mind. Now that we are getting into the colder seasons, this may well be an upcoming trend in men's fashion for A/W14?


Justin Timberlake VMA's 2013

Along with many other music fans, I tuned into the recent MTV awards 2013 and watched a variety of great performances. One particularly being Justin Timberlakes 15 minute show of all his greatest hits (as their are many) making another stylish appearance. I love the illusion of a waistcoat within his bright white shirt, as it brings new shapes to the overall look and another twist on the classic suit.


THE SHOES..
AGAIN, look at those shoes!! A cheeky pre-show instagram from the man himself and another pair of gorgeous metal toe capped shoes.


That pocket square

Looking into closer detail I noticed this incredible what looks like metal pocket square. Its such a new interesting take on suit detailing which I absolutely love. This is 100% my cup of tea, I love the take on what would be a soft fabrication with the contrasted use of a harder and sharper material. I wish I could find whose design this is but I cant find any information on it! But that doesn't mean I wont stop looking :) I mean..what next? a metal bow tie? YES PLEASE! The mixture of metal and fabric is such a great contrast and is a great individual input on men's tailoring.


So as Justin Timberlake has clearly dazzled me with his dapper ways I feel all gentlemen should dig out their inner Frank Sinatra and add those all important details to sharper dressing. It can be said that a classic suit can be played with in so many different ways! dress it up, dress it down, give it a go I say!

Now for some final inspirations from a few of my favorite stylish guys.

Dean Martin


Tom Hardy


Sinatra and Crosby


Frank Sinatra

Marlon Brando


Its all about the details


Comments

Popular Posts