60's Comeback..

The 1960's is one of my favorite fashion eras. It is where teenagers finally made a stand and stopped dressing so much like there parents, and more like young adults with a slightly rebellious attitude to the traditional ways of dressing.
Group of girls showcasing new young styles
Mary Quant became the  face of the 'mini skirt' which was and still is popular among young women. This also gave the girls of the 'mod' scene to dress like there fellow 'mods' but with a feminine and individual twist. 

Twiggy 
Twiggy was an icon of the era with her statement eyes and feminine yet masculine dress scene, which is still a popular look of today. I love the makeup of the 60's with the use of thick liner and darkened sockets, even with the use of not one but 2 layers of false eyelashes! Nude lips had to be teamed with these statement eyes, and i remember my mom telling me that she loved the Nivea lip balm with a hint of pink because it was so pale and stylish.
Sienna Miller in Factory Girl.
Mary Quant with a classic Vidal Sassoon inspired bob.
Brigitte Bardot and Jackie O, a Bardot beehive and the classic shift dress.
Some of my favorite celebs who work the trend brilliantly. I L.O.V.E their styles.
Moschino S/S 13, some of my favorite designs on the new take of the 60's trend. Got to love monochrome.
Louis Vuitton S/S 13.

Comments

Popular Posts