Listen up, take my advice - we need five for the power of Spice. Give it up, give it out, take a stand, scream and shout! One, two, three, four, five - Spice Girls!
I recently visited the Leeds Spice Girls exhibition, showcasing their costumes,music,merchandise and MEMORIES!
The spice girls were a huge part of my youth, so visiting the exhibition brought back a lot of good memories. I went with two friends which made it even more fun, pointing out the merchandise we used to own, who played which spice girl in the playground and which platform shoes we wanted the most! I especially recalled my young self and sister walking into a small shoe shop with my mom. My mom would go off looking for sensible shoes, whereas me and my sister would try on the highest neon platform shoes every time we went and begged to have them but never did. I did make a promise that one day i would own some..but i must say i haven't seen any around recently! give it another couple years..you never know.

Our recent university project for the summer is going to be based on "pop art" i think that the spice girls were a brilliant expression of this art! the exhibition has inspired me. The bright colours, the extravagance and the way that their clothing stood out.

Comments

Popular Posts